Thursday, September 27, 2012

Stone Age or Freedom?

I have been living now for 3 days with out my Iphone, I know that doesnt seem like a lot but if you truly know me then you know how big of a deal this is for me. When the Iphone 5 came out I was so excited with getting it ordered and getting it in my hands I couldnt wait, I was trying to figure out every way possible for me to sell my 4 and purchase the 5. But then things changed actually that DAY, I wont go in to details about what it was but I will say my eyes were opened up to the "what if's" in life. I realized in a matter of hours that at any point in my life I could be left with NOTHING!! All the things that I am addicted to now, the Ipad, Ipod, Iphone, laptop, cell phones etc they could all be gone due to different reasons. My main thought was look at all the things I have sitting around me, I have everything I need and I am constantly wanting more, not because I am greedy but because I am apart of society,I am a part of a world who is constantly wanting!! We are spending a lot of money each month just to keep up with people on facebook, twitter, and emails. When in reality I can just log onto my lap top and check it when I am sitting down instead of every second. I have felt freedom these last few days. I do not wake up and check facebook, I do not sit with my phone in hand and I do not search in desperation for my phone when I can not find it. I have talked to the kids more and set outside without being distracted and I have not worried about what everybody else was doing in the world. I still have the ability to text on my new phone but I do not have internet access on the phone so that is a plus. I encourage everyone to at least try to go a week without their Iphones and see if it allows you to feel free or isolated :) Good DAY!

3 comments:

Precious choices said...

I went ahead and Deactivated my facebook account for the same reasons. I have been forced into doing without so I started breaking myself before the bills come. I love you Ashley and I enjoy reading your writing, every time that I've read!

Ashley Bridges said...

Love you to Britt I've missed you we should do lunch soon

Ashley Bridges said...

Love you to Britt I've missed you we should do lunch soon