Thursday, December 24, 2009

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Every year at this time I love remembering back to the days when I still lived at home and me and my brother Robbie would get ready to camp out in his bedroom and wait on Santa. We would lay there at night and talk about what Santa was going to bring us (well I would and he would tell me to hush so he could sleep) LOL...I loved the feeling I got at the pit of my stomach when I just knew I was hearing Santa's sleigh land on the roof. To this day I really think that maybe mom and Dale would go out side and throw stuff on the roof just so we would hear him that is how vividly I remember hearing the sleigh and bells..THIS IS WHY I STILL BELIEVE!! I love remembering that every year I would always have to go to the bathroom at about 2 or 3 in the morning. Despite the fact that Robbie threatened my life each year that if I went out side the bedroom and peeked in the living room he would KILL ME!! So every year I would have to wake him up and he would walk me to the bathroom with his hands over my eyes and then he would push me in the bathroom and wait outside the door for me to come out. Looking back at this now I know Robbie was probably scoping out the living room and looking at everything Santa brought us...When I would come out of the bathroom he would again cover my eyes and we would head back to the room and go to sleep (well he would I never did I was to excited)...I love remembering back to those days. I can not wait for Peyton and Tarryn to get to the age where they can do the same things and they will be able to have traditions they do every year. I love the thought of my girls snuggling up together and anxiously awaiting Santa's arrival.
This being Tarryn's first Christmas I know she will not remember it but I am SOOO excited for the morning to get here so we can celebrate as a family...

I hope that each of you have WONDERFUL childhood Christmas memories that you too will cherish forever...HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! REMEMBER THE REAL REASON WE ARE CELEBRATING!!

No comments: