Monday, April 27, 2009

What a BEAUTIFUL WEEKEND!!

What a BEAUTIFUL weekend.... I was determined to spend all weekend outside and for the most part of it I did. On Saturday we went to a cookout for James Elmore, he was diagnosed with throat cancer a few months back and though they are still trying different things on him they are telling him 9 months. It is crazy to me how cancer can hit you so quickly and take over your body. I pray for him and his family I know they are all praying for the best. When we left there we went home and decided to go to my moms and go fishing for a little while. I actually caught 2 fish so I was proud of myself. Then chad had a really big one on his pole but when I was trying to reel it in the 20 pound test line broke so it was gone before I could see what it was. Whatever it was, was big. Then we went home again and drove to Muhlenburg county and went to a few different places there and then came on home. Sunday we went to church and what a wonderful service. Sometimes we are not even able to get to the preaching for God runs the show and however he chooses the service to go is how it goes. It was a WONDERFUL service. We decided since it was so pretty we would go to Mammoth cave and eat and then hike. Boy was that fun...I just never realized how hot it was going to be but I felt like it was July out there. THAT TRAIL KICKED MY BUTT!! But it was enjoyable and I needed to walk a little anyway. We got home just in time to meet up with all the people going to the youth detention center for worship and what an amazing event that was. Bro Woody Moore sure does know how to preach it to those young people. He did a great job. Chad and Angie did a few songs and that was great too we had several young people stand up to get prayer and a few that got saved. Some of the stories in their life would just amaze you. When you think that you have or had it rough go to one of these services and hear about what some of these young people are facing everyday... I just pray that God wraps his arms around them all and that they walk with him forever...
When we got home last night I ate some fruit but startedto feel really sick so I just laid there really still and telling myself not to puke...LOL... I am still not feeling the greatest this morning but I know it is all for a good reason... I keep trying to tell myself that. I am posting a few pictures from our hike thought you may enjoy!! I hope you all have a wonderful week!!




1 comment:

Dawn Overton said...

Sounds like you all had a very enjoyable weekend. This beautiful weather just makes you want to get out and do something. Thank goodness that Spring is here and summer isn't far off.