Monday, June 1, 2009

Learning from the Past



I am sure I have posted this video before but there is a lot about this video that makes me so proud of my family past and present. It is so good to know that my family even from way back when put there trust in God. And because they choose to do that it has been a cycle that has not been broken in my family. Though I only have a few memories of my great grandparents they are all good ones. I am sure I ever heard my nanny ruth say a negative word to anybody. She was a very little petite woman who would rock in her squeaky rocking chair in the living room. Now that rocking chair sits at my moms house and when I sit in it, at times I feel like I am in a time machine. I can still see the house and I can smell the wood burning stove. I can see the HUGE register in the floor that would get extremely hot in the winter. I can remember her pink tiled bathroom that had a phone in it, I was always amazed by that as a kid. But the sad part is that is the only really clear memory I have of all my my cousins and us being together. I can remember having meals at their house and everyone being there. I can still taste her chicken and dumplings.

I really do learn a lot from the past. I learn that God will travel with you through generation after generation and he will never leave your side. You may lose family and friends along the way but God will be there to get you through it all. He will never leave your side and he will be your provider...

That is what gives me hope in knowing that:

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever. Psalm 23:6

P.S. ~ I forgot to mention that this video is being narrated by my mom and these photos are ove my great grandparents and grandparents. JUST FYI!!! I love this video!

No comments: