Thursday, October 23, 2008

Conversations with a 4 year old

This week things have been a little hectic with all the changes in my daycare and trying to give Peyton a comfortable routine. My child has to have a routine or she is so fiesty. Last night she went to church with mom like she has been doing every Wednesday night. She feels like such a big girl there singing in the choir and of course she loves everyone there. And I enjoy here going there since I was raised in that church it is fun to see her get to do all that stuff I did. Well, last night I guess the little kids visited to nursing home. Let me just say my child was a little traumatized by this. She came home and we were talking about her day with her Nana and then church with her mammaw. She says to me "mom there was a grandma at the nursing home that didn't have any teeth" Now why she called her grandma I don't know, probably because she was an elderly lady and that is just the way Peyton thinks. I said to her "well Peyton that's ok." She turns around with big tears in her eyes and red faced like she had been thinking about this all night and says "Mom, I don't want to get old and not have any teeth." I felt so sorry for my child for a split second. One because she has shown that she is a worry wart about like her mother about stuff that she can not control. And two because she will probably never want to go into another nursing home again. But me being the sneaky little mother I am I turned it around on her and said, "Well I guess there is only one way around that Peyton, you have to brush your teeth twice a day." SHEEEWWWWW, good way for me to use that against her...lol... Well I hope that everyone has a good weekend. We will be celebrating Peyton's birthday saturday at the Mcdonalds in beaver dam. Please continue to keep us in your prayers as we still look for a daycare. Also I hear that Jonnica Belcher has been sick keep her in your prayers as well. Hope you get some answers soon Jonnica, We will keep you in our prayers.

~Until Next Time~

No comments: