Monday, October 6, 2008

THANKFUL

I got a call Thursday afternoon from my sister telling me that my dad's stress test had come back bad and they thought there was more blockage in his heart and possible some kidney problems. She seemed to be pretty worried neither of us had a good feeling about all of it. I called Robbie to update him and he was actually concerned to. He thought it would be good for us to go up there and see what was actually going on. So I left work and headed to get packed didnt really know how long I would be gone or anything so just packed for what ever could happen. I left Peyton at home for the first time EVER I have never gone anywhere without her. I have gone places with Chad but just for a night out to a movie but I have never left her over night anywhere. I know I am crazy... She was really upset and crying the whole time I was packing. She said she needed to see popsy also. I didnt mind taking her but I knew I would be sitting at the hospital the whole time. So she stayed home with Chad one night then with my mom. I didnt tell me Dad we were coming only my sister knew. My brother is not one to just get in the car and drive and really actually hates the drive to Ashland in the last 5 years he has probably been there 3 times. So for him to be willing to go I knew he was concerned. Plus he wanted to read my dads medical charts himself...LOL!! We got in about 11:00pm on Thursday we went on down to the hospital and snuck into his room. He saw me and said "What are you doing here?" Then he saw Robbie and said "oh hell I must be dying for you both to be here." LOL!! He always has something smart to say. We had the talk with my dad about DNR's, funerals, cremations all that jazz. Something I never want to have to discuss again. It is all good to know but I didnt want to have to hear it. Dad had gotten really emotional about everything with Krista before we got there and said he thought his days were numbered.... He was very upset and crying and trust me dad is not that type of man...He will not tell anyone about any emotions unless he is mad then we all know about it.... LOL!! Dad went in for another Heart cath and everything came back good on that end. They think that it may have to do with something in his stomach or his kidneys so they are still running test on him today and tomorrow. They sent him home with insilin shots now. His sugar has been thru the roof ... like 380. Blood pressure crazy, cholesterol out of whack to. But at least he is still here. I have really been thinking a lot here lately about my parents and I know that sooner or later we all die but I am not ready for that time. I am never gonna be ready for that day and I will never be willing to accept the fact that my dad wants to be cremated... I know that the body just lies in the casket anyway but the thought of my daddy being burned is way to much for me to take in. Not only that but then we would have to split his ashes between us and I would be the one that ended up with his ass...LOL!!! Just kidding...We had a lot to talk and joke about that night but when all was said and done I am very thankful that my daddy was able to come home from the hospital despite all his health problems and stuff from the past. I love him and my mother very very much and I know that I will have many more years with them both. Here are a few pictures from the trip to see him. As you can tell I am a bit of a daddy's girl.... I LOVE YOU DADDY !! My sister told my dad that he couldnt smile in the hospital so that explains the second picture..... LOL He is a nut I swear .


No comments: