Monday, January 26, 2009

Filling in the missing pieces !

I have been missing some pieces to my puzzle of life. I have known this for a long time and can honestly say that I think I have found a few of my missing pieces. I have been struggling with my church life.. you know the ones "I don't want to go to church today, I ll go next week?" Well I have been telling myself that for a good two years...YES TWO years.It is sad for me to admit that but so true. I have been lost. I know that some of you know the true me and know some of my inner thoughts of "life" but I have always felt that God has me here for something big...I know that he has a plan for all of us, so I don't want to sound like I he has better plans for me than for all of you but I have just always had a pull on my heart from him. Telling me to be the person that gives that extra hand to people in their time of need. I look at people not by there appearance,color of their skin, their last name, or by what they are wearing. But I look at people as just that PEOPLE...We are ALL worthy of God's love and he loved us all the same. I have NEVER in my life felt that I was better than anybody. I have actually been hurt time and time again by the people that I care for the most but I continued to let them in my life because I knew that I still needed to love them. I don't have to answer for the wrong that other people do. I just have to answer for the wrong that I do in my life. And if I am turning people away because of their wrong doings then I need to relook at the situation. DOn't get me wrong I have (just in the past year) been able to pull myself out of situations that I do not need be involved in anymore. But I would be more than willing to let anybody into my life. I have a big heart. Okay, back to my missing pieces.... :)
I have been battling with finding the church that is "perfect" for ME, but in my search over the last couple years I have learned that there is NO perfect church. I was going into churches and picking out the likes and dislikes and letting that be a playing factor as to why I did or didn't want to go back....Even to the point at one church saying to myself that "the bathroom was in an akward place". SERIOUSLY, who does that? At the end of my searches I found each week leading me to heart ache and pain of not finding my missing piece. There were days that I would come to work and just ask my boss to pray for me to find the right place for me. I would talk to Chad about it and I know where my husband wants to be...He wants to be singing for the Lord. That is his way of praise and worship and we have a lot to praise God for.
Last Sunday I battled with a few churches in my head of ones to go to..All weekend I talked to Chad and he didn't really have much say in the matter. Dee Dee had invited me to her church on several occasions and I still plan on getting there I would love to see how wonderful that new church is. But I kept bringing myself my back to Belmont. I told Chad on Saturday, "I am going to Belmont in the morning, I will wake you if you want to go." And I just left it at that. We ended up staying up really late Saturday night playing games and watching movies, so when my alarm went off I was completely set on sleeping in. I hit snooze a few times and then it hit me...I could not go back to sleep to save my life....So I got up and got ready and woke Chad and Peyton and we all got ready and headed out the door. I was glad that I got myself up and went. We got to church about ten to fifteen minutes early so we found a seat ..Same place we had always set. A lot of people came to us and hugged us and were glad to see us back. As the music started playing and the songs started playing I felt this overwhelming pull at my heart. I literally was even shaking a little bit (just like I was cold) and I knew that right then GOD was placing my missing piece into it's spot. I had found what I had been looking for. There was not one thing that could have kept me from wanting to come to that church. I felt like a thousand ton of bricks were being lifted off of my shoulders and I felt that God was literally shaking me trying to tell me that this is where he had wanted me to be. There is really not even enough words or emotion to truly express how I felt at that very moment. I am sooooo thankful that he woke me up and wouldn't let me go back to sleep that morning. I can only hope that by this being a part of our lives again we will move forward with our lives. We have so much to praise him for and we also have so much for him to help us through. But I know one thing...I will not leave this piece behind EVER AGAIN... IT WAS RIGHT THERE THE WHOLE TIME I JUST NEEDED TO GRAB IT AND PUT IT BACK IN PLACE....
~UNTIL NEXT TIME~

No comments: