Saturday, January 22, 2011

Day 4

My Parents

When I was 2 yrs old my mom and dad divorced, I do not remember any of it. I guess now that I think of it it's kinda sad only knowing my dad outside of the house. I never remember him living with us or sadly I don't remember a lot of stuff from my child with him there. I thank its only by the grace of God we have a relationship today. My mom remarried when I was 4 yrs old, they are still married today. It is because of his job that we moved to Morgantown nearly 20 years ago. I often wonder where I would be at today if we had stayed in Ashland?!

My parents have always raised me in a christian home, even though I fought my mother every day about going to church I am sooooo glad she pushed it on me. I grew up most of my life only seeing my dad on holidays and special occasions or during the summer months for a week or so at a time. It made me have a lot of anger about not getting to him as much. Being in church and praying help me a lot. Though I steered away from church in my younger teen years my mom was always there to pick up the pieces and help me put them back together. Now that I am an adult I see more clear now just how great my parents are, including my step mom and dad! Even though miles still part us we still love each other and keep in contact daily!

No comments: