Monday, January 17, 2011

One Letter



It's been almost 10 years since my mom wrote this to me to be published in my senior yearbook. After 10 years it still brings tears to my eyes. I am still very amazed at how "right on" she was. I mean I know she is my mother and she should know everything about me but at 17 years old when this was wrote I would have bet you a hundred dollars she knew nothing about me, but in all reality she knew more about me than I knew about me. I have gone down some very dark roads in my 10 years since this letter was wrote, not because I had to, but because I chose to. Every time I moved from house to house this letter has traveled safely with me, and every time I have unpacked my bags this letter has crossed my path and given me the strength I needed to make it to the next day. I am pretty sure that my mom never in a million years would have thought this letter would have impacted me into my adult years like it has, but there is something about each line that describes me to a "T", it's the simple sweet way she wrote it that makes it so special. After all the stuff I put my mother threw growing up I would have thought all she would have wanted to say to me was "SEE YA". I can only hope that when my girls get older I can have the same impact on them that my mother had on me in my life. Though we butted heads more times than not, I heard EVERY word she every screamed at me (lol) and I can promise you she had a lot of times to scream at me. I have apologized to her over the years but it still doesn't make what's done go away. Thank you mom for your christian values and your loving heart. It is because of you, I am the mother, wife and christian woman I am today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow..that letter brought tears to my eyes. It says ALOT in a very loving way! You have a wonderful mother!