Tuesday, September 9, 2008

SO MANY THINGS THAT I WANT TO TALK ABOUT !!

Well I hope that you are ready to read a long post. I have so many things I want to write about so I am not sure where to even start. I may just ramble a lot so if I do I am sorry.

First of all I am very confused in the educational system in this area. I have really been struggling about this topic. I just dont understand how middle school staff can send a child onto the 8th grade after the mother has told them that she strongly suggests that they keep her in 7th grade. This child has been struggling in the 7th grade last year she was making d's and f's and three weeks in the 7th grade again this year they feel like she will be okay in the eighth grade. Please tell me how a student has done enough work in the first three weeks of school to know that they are making enough progress to move forward? The parent told the teachers some of the things that the child was struggling with like having a hard time telling time unless it was a digital clock, and the teachers reply was "well half the kids walking down the hallway dont know that" Come on now what are they teaching in schools now? That is crazy to think and that is not something I would be proud to admit if I were a teacher. The teachers were concerned with her being 19 years old when she graduates. WELL WHEN SHE FAILS THE 8th GRADE SHE WILL BE RIGHT BACK TO SQAURE ONE! It is funny to me how they can hold back a kid because of his athletic ability to help out the basketball or football team but, but when I child is REALLY in need of an education they dont want to. Is it because she is classified as special (not mentally retarded) but maybe a little slower than most? That is wrong. Every child should be given the same treatment and should be provided the same educational opportunity as all the other kids do.....I will fight tooth and nail with all these people in this school district to make darn sure that my child is given all the opportunities as everyone else.....

OKAY NEXT (LOL)

Chad got a call from JJ on Sunday. He was very upset and just needed to talk. He knows that he left us on bad terms when he was in and I think he is realizing that now. I am glad for that but I am also really tired of JJ thinking that he can lie his way out of everything especially to the one person who has been helping him get his life out of the mess it was in. But it didnt take long for him to stop paying his bills and letting his life hit rock bottom again.... SAD actually I couldn't imagine the way he feels. He is in Alaska and has nobody ..... He told Chad that they were sending him to Afghanistan in November for 6 months then he will go back to Alaska for a about a month and then he goes to Iraq for about a year.... He is really upset and freaking out. They are not allowing him anytime for leave to come home either and that is making it harder on him. He wants Chad to come there which is fine but we are trying to figure out how we could pull that off. Plane ticket is like $600.00. It kills Chad cause he knows exactly how JJ feels, he was there once before.

We have finally got out shower finished ......THANK GOD!!! It has been almost three months with no access to our bathroom we have all been using Peyton's which has been a nightmare...LOL!! But it was worth the wait cause it is beautiful. I do not have the walls painted I am doing that this weekend but everything is at least able to be used.... I am going to take my first shower in there tonight....YAY!! I will post pics up of what I have but rememeber I have not painted yet....

I went to the dentist today and let me just say it was no better than it was when I was 17 years old. It has been at least 8 years since I have been to the dentist.. I know that is awful and I am ashamed to admit that. But we have never had insurance until now. Thank God we have it now. When I went into the dentist today I was just expecting to get my teeth cleaned .....but that is not what happened. When they examined my teeth they noticed that I was in the early stages of gum diease and my teeth are going to need a lot of work. I automatically FREAK out.... I almost cried right there in front her but was able to hold it all in. They had to go in and clean my in, around and under my gums.... This is from a lack of flossing .... I brush twice daily but flossing was always something I lacked on. Maybe flossed once a month. They had to give me six shots in my mouth to numb me. (I thought I would die when I saw the needle) It hurt really bad and I wanted to run away. :(
After she was all done I could not move the right side of my face and I was so overcome with anxiety I just didnt want to talk. I got there at 8:30 this morning and an ledt at 11:00. I just wasnt prepared for all that today. It hurt and the bad part is I have to go back the 23rd to do the left side.... :(
The doctors office was GREAT so that helped but I still hate going to the dentist.. Now I have to make an appt for my gynocologist which I have not been to one of those in......lets see Peyton will be 5 in October......So I guess almost 5 years.... LOL!!
Yeah that is not funny but that is what happens when you don't have insurance. Oh well I am getting it all done so I wont have to deal with this stuff again..

I will tell a little funny story on Peyton....
We had just got home from eating last Thursday night and Peyton went straight to the bathroom (poor thing is like her daddy lol) I heard her hollering for me so I hollered back and asked her what she needed.... Her reply was "MOM,I NEED SOME TOILET PAPER, YOU KNOW MY BUTT CAN'T WIPE ITSELF" Yes my 4 year old shouted this out to me. I almost fell in the floor laughing at her. I looked at Chad and said "No she just didnt say that to me" I never know what she is thinking.

I hope you all have a wonderful week and I hope that I didn't bore you to bad.

~ UNTIL NEXT TIME ~

3 comments:

Brandy said...

At least she knows her butt can't wipe itself....LOL. She is so funny!!!

Laurie Keen said...

Okay I was laughing so hard I was crying when I read that part about Payton. That is too funny. My boss was like what's wrong...are you okay. So i read that part to her and she started laughing too!

Who is JJ...never heard of him! lol And you don't have to take pics of you in the shower this afternoon either! lol You are too funny...thanks for making the day again! lol

Ashley Bridges said...

HA HA HA Yeah there is never a dull moment in my household. Laurie I am disappointed the pics in the shower were gonna be just for you...LOL!! JUST KIDDIN !! GLAD YOU ENJOY !! :)