Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Weekend with the "Griswold Family"

It is always nice to go out with my family and enjoy a long weekend. Well I have to say that was always the case until this weekend~Lol. First let me just say that I did enjoy myself but I thought it would be nice to share my weekend. Friday I took a vacation day from work and we loaded up the truck and hooked up the pontoon boat and headed to rough river lake. Peyton was so excited about camping she didnt stop talking the whole way there. When we got there the lake was still pretty calm not a lot of people on friday which we were glad. We reserved a spot to park the pontoon in the water so we didnt have to pull it in and out all weekend. Then we went and backed it in to the water and it started right up. Then when Jeff went to put it in gear it died.....ARGGHHH! This is where the fun begins..... Jeff can not get it to stay started so he is trying to get to the dock when he hollered at Chad (cause he was pissed off) Chad pulls on the rope and nearly pulls him to the lake!! They acted like a bunch of idiots...So me and Peyton went to look at the fish by the marina. (which by the way were HUGE) they finally got it pulled to the dock and we dedcided to go set up our tents. We got our tent set up and got the truck unloaded. Jeff then started to set up his tent when he finally got it set up Chad and I looked at each other and started cracking up. Jeff had bough a one man tent but it was a junior size for a kid. It was about as long as Peyton.... LOL!!! So we aired up the air mattresses and he went to put his twin size in there and it wouldn't even fit. by the time that he got it wedged in the tent his feet were elevated ....LOL!! As I am typing this I am cracking up thinking about it... :)
Then Peyton and I went down to the beach area while they tried to figure out what was wrong with boat. We were the only ones there. So that was nice. It was VERY relaxing to just sit there in the sun and watch the boats go by. Peyton didnt like the fact the there were fish swimming by her she about freaked out. She tries to play country girl but bless her heart she just cant handle all of the country... We played there for probably three hours and then Chad came back to get us. He said they got the boat out of the water and took it to the "Dam boat Repair" funny name but that is exactly what I thought about that boat. So all we could do was wait. We went back to the campsite and peyton played at the park the rest of the night (which was like 10 steps from our site) We went and got showers which I hate doing at campsites I never actually feel clean. But I at least got all the sand off of me and smelled better.
We roasted marshmallows at the fire and then sat and talked. This is when Chad noticed the ants that were all around this tree next to our tent. He then thought it would be smart to burn the ants off the tree with the blow torch....CAN I JUST SAY DUH!!!! We didn't think anything about it and we got in the tent about 10 and eventually fell asleep. I woke up the next morning and Chad was looking at the tree I asked him what he was doing and he said "I stuck my head out of the tent last night about midnight and the tree was on fire" Of course I started laughing hysterically. I asked him what he did he said he poured coke on it and then when that didnt work ran back and fourth to the bathroom about 10 times and finally got it out. What is funny is it took it several hours before it actually started burning. I told him that the blow torch was not such a bright idea...
Saturday morning still not boat the guy kept telling us all that was wrong with it.But he didnt know if it could be fixed or not.. Poor Chad was so mad he just wanted to fish off the boat. We went for a ride to the Falls of rough area which I thought was a big thing but quickly learned that it wasn't. It is a very pretty area but not much of any falls... oh well it was a nice quiet area anyway. Then Heather and Laymond came and went out to fish in their boat they were only out there a little while because all the boats moving so fast they couldn't fish. So me Chad and Peyton were swimming at the beach area for a couple hours and then Peyton took a boat ride back to the dock with Heather and Laymond and then to the campsite. We sat there the most of the day Peyton played her little heart out and we just relaxed and goofed off. We went to the dam for a fishing adventure which lasted a whole twenty minutes.. Water was to low we kept getting hung on everything.
That night Peyton wanted to hear ghost stories I told her she would end up crying and I wasnt going to tell her any...Well she is just like me and would not hush so I told her the story my daddy use to tell me about Big foot (not a good idea) bless her little heart she was so scared she cried and cried and Laymond scared her and then she didnt want to camp anymore and I told her it wasn't real and she kept repeating that over and over again to her self.... I felt so bad...She is not hearing anymore stories from me. I called my sister Saturday to update her on all the drama of the trip she was laughing so hard she couldn't even talk. She is the one who gave us the new name "Griswold Family camping trip" Chad = Clark(sparky) LMAO, Jeff=Eddie(the one with the metal plate in his head), I am Ellen the wife and Peyton is Adry. We are definetly the Griswolds this weekend. After I realized it I called Chad Sparky the rest of the weekend and of course Peyton did to which made it even more funnier....... We picked up the boat Sunday morning only to find out it needed a new motor....HMMMMM THAT'S NICE !! Luckily the guy only charged $75.00 for all the time he had it. Then we get to Caneyville and Sparky looks at Eddie and says "we didn't strap down the boat" NICE JUST NICE!!! The weight of the boat and one rope from the front is all that was keeping it on.....

IT DIDN'T MATTER THOUGH WE WERE ALL TOGETHER AND THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS!!!

HERE'S HOPING FOR A BETTER ADVENTURE NEXT TIME.

Pictures will be posted soon.... Check back for another good laugh

Hope you all enjoyed my chaotic weekend....There is always more where that comes from.

Until Next Time

3 comments:

Laurie Keen said...

oh my gosh that is the funniest thing i have read! lol i was just cracking up laughing.....i love the part about the tree!!! LMAO!! GREAT....I can just hear you telling this....

thanks so much for sharing. LMAO

The Belchers said...

YAY I'm finally able to get on your Blog. I've tried and tried and never could get into your page. I was about to write you on facebook to see what was going on : )

Brandy said...

FINALLY....I can read your blog. This is the best story I have read. I am sitting in my office reading and laughing out loud. This is great. Can't wait to see pics.