Monday, December 1, 2008

Lots to discuss...

First of all I hope that everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving day and a wonderful weekend... My week was so full and by the end of the week I too was so full..lol. Wednesday we decided to do pot luck at work I am really glad that we did this. In the past it has just been George and I so this year to have such wonderful staff at the Restore we were all able to eat lots of food and celebrate together. I truly love them all and love my job... Then that night Chad wanted to take me to dinner for my birthday since he would be working. So me Chad, Peyton Heather and Laymond all went to Owensboro and ate at Olive Garden and of course they sang happy birthday and brought out a delicious cake.Peyton thought it was hilarious. Thursday was really calm for the first time in years. Thank God... We just went to Chad's mom's and she made a wonderful meal like always...And I ate way to much ...Like always. I put the tree up Thursday night and got all my nik naks out that I have been anxiously waiting to put out for a month now. I really love this time of year.Chad had to go back to work Friday night so he stayed up late thursday I went to sleep about 11 or so and my alarm went off at 3:45 am...I was ready to fight the rush of black Friday (even if I didn't know what I was getting myself into) I got to Racheal's house about 4:45 am and she was up and ready to go. I was so proud of her. We got to Walmart right at 5 am and I swear to you we almost had to park in the Chuck's liquor parking lot...LOL...I have never in my life seen the people.. This is the part that kills me though..As I was walking through the store really not looking for one particular item over another I realized how absolutly crazy people were over materialistic items....I mean seriously.. What has the world come to when an employee from I think NY walmart looses his life because the people outside broke down the front doors and trampled him to death....WHAT ARE YOU PEOPLE THINKING!!! And the bad part is...People video taped the paramedics laying there trying to revive him while people just stepped over him and kept walking...Not only that but when the announced they would close the store due to the death people became iriate because they had been standing in line for hours and would not be able to get there items...SAD VERY VERY SAD...It is times like this that make me hate this time of year. It should never be about the items that you do or do not buy. I can only hope that I teach my child this in her life time. My heart goes out this family who lost there loved one because some people needed to get there flat screen tv's for cheap. Moving on....
Racheal and I had a great time.... I always enjoy our adventures out together even if they dont happen often.. We saw Tiffany and Damian (thanks Tiff for finding my cupcake maker for me ) we saw Sherry and Jamie, Alicia and Mandy, and Heather met up with us for a while and shopped a bit with us... I am glad I went it was actually fun and Racheal nor I had to go to jail so that is always good..LOL!!
friday evening was Thanksgiving dinner at my mom's. Since Chad had to work I made him a big plate and took it to him. We ate and got full again. And then had Ice cream cake for my bday and my momma got me a really pretty picture for behind my couch and a new purse..Thanks momma you are the greatest..We all visited for a while with Rob and Miranda and tristan, Ryan, Dale and mom. And we went home about 9:30pm. Saturday I vegged out and hung pictures up and cleaned up around the house. Sunday I did the exact same thing.. My sister called me at like 7am Sunday to wish me a happy birthday first..She always does that every year on our birthday. So next year on our bday I guess I will have to call her at midnight and tell her happy bday first before she calls me and tells me. I have always loved sharing birthday's with my much older sister LOL... I know it took her a while to except the fact of sharing a bday with me but I know she loves it now...LOL... Chad got me some wonderful smelling perfume and a months worth of tanning..I can't wait that is the most relaxing time ever for me.. Thanks Chad for a wonderful birthday week... I love you lots. Believe it or not I did not take one picture over the holidays..What is the matter with me ...I never do that. Well I hope everyone enjoyed their time off with their families..

Until next time ~

1 comment:

Dawn Overton said...

So you braved Black Friday too, huh?? We also had fun but we dont get all that excited if the item we went after is sold out...Big deal, wait a wk and go back and get it. So you may have to pay a lil more...Deal with it!! I agree that it is sad how far people will go to get what they want. Anyhow, glad your holiday was good. Sounded a lot like mine. I forgot to mention n my blog that we also got our house all christmas-fied. I was sooo excited to finally get to put my tree up. Talk to ya later...LUv ya!!