Friday, March 6, 2009

Been there done that ....got a shirt and glad to be home

I will at least say that I enjoyed myself. I was very glad to be able to go and experience New York City and say that I have been there. But I will thank God everyday that I am from my little small town and be grateful for what he has given to me...you couldn't pay me enough money to live there!! Now Washington DC or Chicago sure I would live at either of those places without a problem...New York city, NO WAY!!! It was very cool but I was just not impressed with anything at all....I enjoyed seeing everything but that is about it. It didn't help that it was 20 degrees and the winds were about 40 mph and there was 10 inches of snow on the ground either...It is really a dirty city...and expensive...not only to eat or buy things there but just to pay the tolls to get into the city. I am talking $8.00 just to go through the brooklyn battery tunnel!! it takes you under the Hudson river into NYC. Very cool but geeeshhh... When we got to our hotel on Sunday night we got checked in and got our stuff put away in just enough time for the snow to start falling...and when it came it didn't stop until morning..It was beautiful, it's not very often you get to see the ocean with the waves and snow on the ground...it was beautiful..I have attached a few pictures... I have a tendency of taking strange pictures...which would explain the coffee cups...We were at a stop sign and all these coffee cups from starbucks were just lined up on top of the fence post..I thought it was cute..so I took a picture...LOL... We had fun and I thank God for getting us there safely and home safely as well...








No comments: