Monday, March 16, 2009

Catching up

This weekend was a bit out of the norm for us. My BFF Tasha had been in town since Tuesday due to her dad being in the hospital. So of course Tasha being the person she is doesn't tell me this until Friday when I called her as I was leaving work. So I was VERY excited to see her and Devun and to meet her soon to be husband Steven. They came to our house Saturday morning and we spent most of the day printing envelopes for her wedding invitations. Which I enjoy that sort of stuff so I was fine with that. Peyton and Devun played and Peyton soon decided that she "loved" Devun and she was really going to miss him when the day had to be over. Then we decided to go to the Farm Boy and eat dinner and when we got there they were doing karaoke. It was nice to be able to hear and see that Locally. There is nothing really like that and it was fun. I had not heard Richie Ellis sing since high school and it was GREAT...He is a wonderful voice. Chad decided he would give it a try and did a good job on two songs and then we ate and I thought it would be fun to venture out to Deanna's new house and surprise her with Tasha. They had not seen each other since High School. So I walked into the house and made Deanna stay back and I brought in Devun and said do you know who's kid this is......LOL...She stood there for a minute and then said.....TASHA!!! So it was good to get to hang out and chat and of course get to play with the boys, Peyton was right in there with them. Chad was shooting those foam bullets at them and they were running wild thru the house..IT was fun though. Then we took Tasha back to her car and said our goodbye's and Tasha didn't want to let go :( But she is still in so I am hoping to see her for lunch before she goes back to Texas. I really don't realize how much I miss having her in my life until she is here and then has to leave again. Peyton cried herself to sleep that night cause she missed Devun (I know she is just like me) so we have decided to let them color or draw each other pictures and mail them to each other and even when they get older they will hopefully keep it up and be able to write letters to one another.I think it will be fun and they were both excited about it. Sunday was a WONDERFUL day at Belmont. God is truly working wonders in these young peoples hearts. I am AMAZED each Sunday by the number of youth that fill up the first three or four pews. And you never hear a peep and they are all paying attention. It is grea to see that God is working thru each and everyone of them. I know how hard teenage life can be but these kids have got a WONDERFUL thing going for them, it is exciting to see the changes in their life each Sunday. Chad did a new song this Sunday and it was very good. Of course I hear him sing a lot at home while practicing but I have to admit that everytime he sings at church God is pulling him through it...It sounds so pure and clear and I know Chad is moved EVERYTIME...To see what God is continuing to do in our lives is WONDERFUL.. We may not be the richest people in the world or wear the finest of clothes or have the greatest jobs but as long as we walk with Jesus we are richer than we could ever imagine to be. And some days that is all that keeps me going. I thank God for such a forgiving God. Today has been a long busy day we had the Executive Director of the KY Habiat down for meetings all morning and collecting information on our 14 acre "green" village that we are working on. It is soooo amazing and I can now feel that it is just right there for us to put the pieces together for us to have the "FIRST EVER" Habitat "Green" community..I am so excited and can not wait to see what lies ahead.

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and a great Monday so far.

No comments: