Monday, July 13, 2009

We are never "Lost" we are just "Misplaced"

When Chad and I first started dating almost 10 years ago,(ouch that is hard to believe) he drove me to visit my sister and my dad in Ashland. We decided to do a little back road driving in the hills of W.V. and before long we found our self stopping at an old country store on a secluded road in the middle of the mountains of W.V. to find our way back... I can remember Chad saying "Huh, I hate to admit this but I need help" LOL!!! I was a little scared when we pulled into the parking lot where there was no cars or nobody around. He slowly walked into the store and in a matter of minutes he was walking out of the store, and to my surprise with a smile on his face. He got into the car and looked at me and said that his new saying is "You are never lost just Misplaced" He said that there was an old man in there (the owner of the old store) and When Chad told the man he was lost the man quickly corrected him and said "Son you are never lost just misplaced". We both thought that was a much better way to look at things, and we obviously made it back to my sisters house in one piece. After all these years have passed we have never really talked about that day until last night. We have been traveling all over Savannah GA and Chad quietly said "this is an easy town to get lost in" Even though we had a GPS it worried me for a moment and then he said "But Ashley remember, WE ARE NEVER LOST JUST MISPLACED" I smiled at him and we started talking our drive through W.V. that day almost 10 years ago...It is funny how somethings you just never forget.

We have had a great few days on this vacation. I have so far survived a boat road to see Dolphins,(that's right I said a boat ride aren't you proud of me?), swimming in the Ocean even though a baby shark was caught near were we swam, walking through a haunted Cemetery. And of course lots of other wonderful things... I love spending this time with Chad and Peyton and I know it will be a while before we are able to do this again. It will not be as easy with a baby.




No comments: