Thursday, February 5, 2009

My Prayer...

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference. Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace

I really need to start saying this on a daily basis...I get so upset about stuff EVERYDAY that I have no control over. I need to realize that God is the only one that can control my life. These last few days have just been so stressful for me emotionally for some reason. I have so many things going through my mind and I hate to not be able to fix all my problems or wants on my own.. I know that I have a wonderful life an family and I need to stop and think about the good in my life and not all the bad. I have homeowners coming in here everyday crying because they can not pay their bills and they are going to loose their electricity. I have some that have cancer,lupus,diabetes. They have so many doctors bills and stuff that they are at the end of their ropes. One lady came in today and told us that she is tired of the worries and had even though about suicide....WOW..I tried to explain to her that it is never that bad and that she needed to just relax and let us work with her like we have been for 2 years now. I am truly blessed, yes I struggle but not like some of these people are suffering. I pray that God is with them everyday and can help them to overcome their obstacles. He has always been the one to pick me up and give me hope I just pray that they are all letting him work in their lives.

No comments: