Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Peyton and her thoughts..

Well today Peyton spent the day with my mom (mamaw) they baked valentines day cookies and then took some out to Miranda and the boys. This is one of Peyton's favorite things to do with her mamaw. When I picked her up she was in a great mood and didn't seem to be in a bad mood. We got in the car and started driving home. Now let me just say that we have really tried to make Peyton understand being rude or hurting peoples feelings..... So with that being said.. She is in the back seat and says to me "Mom I wouldn't ever tell mamaw she was fat.", I said "well Peyton mamaw is not fat at all so you shouldn't tell her that anyway, plus we should always keep those kind of opinions to our self so because that is rude." She starts balling her eyes out....I was like WHAT IS THE MATTER WITH YOU.....She kept saying, "I am sorry mommy, I am so sorry" I said,"what are you sorry about?" She said I am sorry that you are fat and I am sorry that I told you that you were fat, I just don't want you to be disappointed in me for saying that you you are fat." I really couldn't do nothing but laugh (to myself of course) I just told her that mommy is glad that she is honest with me and that I want her to always be honest with me but she doesn't need to tell people things that are going to hurt their feelings. She of course cried some more and apologized about a million times. I told her it was okay because I already knew I was fat but sometimes people don't like to be reminded. LOL...What a hoot she is...I called mom to ask her how the conversation went and she said she did the same thing to her to. My child is already so sensitive it almost scares me..So hopefully our little talk will help her to understand ....Here is hoping anyway....

4 comments:

Dawn Overton said...

There just isn't much of anything a child wont say, huh?? Funny story though. Those are all the things I have to look forward to :) My child wont know how to keep an opinion to there selves growing up with me as a mother...LOL. Funny thing is that no older than Peyton is, she's already talking about peoples' weight. She must of heard someone else saying it...SHame on you :) LUV YA

Anonymous said...

If we were all as honest as a child! That sounds just like something that Lawsen would say...Too Cute!!!

Ashley Bridges said...

Yeah I know Chad and I are always saying how fat we are ... Of course Peyton has also noticed my stretch marks and when she first asked me I told they were because of her...LOL..I didn't really think much about it. So now she tells everyone that mommy has marks on her belly from her. I have decided after last night that our way of communicating things in our house is going to have change... She knows way to much about life and she is only 5...Dee Dee it is going to be so fun for you ...LOL

Laurie Keen said...

She is so much like you it is scary! This story cracks me up! I can hear you saying....WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU....HA HA....poor peyton!