Sunday, February 22, 2009

Weekend overview

This weekend has gone by entirely to fast. Friday night Heather and Laymond came over and we decided to go to Central City to get a blizzard at DQ. While driving there my husband being the "Professional" driver that he has always claimed to be decided he would talk and not pay attention and almost ran the stop sign at the end of 70. Luckily Laymond said "huh, YOU GONNA STOP BUDDY" LOL...SO while Chad slammed on his breaks and swerved a little bit to get stopped just before running the stop sign we noticed that a state trooper was passing us. He turned around quickly and so Chad just figured he might as well pull on over and so the state trooper flipped his lights on and pulled behind us. He was really nice Chad just admitted that he was talking to much and not paying attention and the cop just decided to let us go and told us to be careful.... SHWWWW....that was exciting and all that just for a blizzard. Saturday we went to Bowling Green and got groceries. Peyton has been hoarding some money away so I decided to take her to Hobby Lobby (he he he) and let her look at the doll houses and she quickly decided that was what she wanted so it was 99.00 and when we got to the check out this nice lady in front of us gave us a coupon for 40% off so that made it like 63.00 dollars...that was a HUGE help...I was so excited... If I had only known what I was getting myself into. We had Chad's mom come over and help us put it together we figured we could get it all done....WRONG!!! It is AWFUL...The box is VERY deceiving the exterior walls are not even painted..Now I knew I was going to have to put it together and paint the inside and all but then I pulled out this baggy with what I learned to be SHINGLES...YEP you guessed it I have to freaking ROOF this house.. and the shingles are each about an inch in size and there are probably about 500+ pieces.... AND there is now lettering or numbers to identify what parts are what....So it is basically like building a real house... I was SOOOO mad but I this is what she wants so I am hoping to have it complete for her before her 16th birthday...LOL.... I have the second floor up and the third floor, floor on and that is about it..I just figured I can spray paint it when I am completely done and that should take care of the majority of it....
Today we went to church and Resurrection Bound played and it was good music and worship...Then we went Laurie's for pictures and had a GREAT time visiting ...I think she got some good pictures so we will see.....It wasn't Peyton that was hard it was Chad who we couldn't get to smile....LOL...But that is Okay I think we all kept Laurie entertained....HA HA HA .... I really enjoyed talking with her and Scott they are two friends that I am glad to have I LOVE THEM BOTH..... So since Missy is such a great friend we have a free vacation this weekend we just booked it and we are going to Atlantic City New Jersey...It is one place that we have never been and it is FREE so we will go any where for that.. I can not wait to just get away for a while.... Now I have to get up and get things done this week so I wont fall behind next week at work. Here is hoping for a nice easy and productive week.... Hope you all have a wonderful week and ....

3 comments:

Laurie Keen said...

OH WE LOVE YOU ALL TOO!!! I told Scott I enjoyed that so much getting together with you all!! We will have to do that again for sure!!! That Payton cracked me up last night! She is SUCH A GREAT KID!!!

Anonymous said...

I want to see the pictures of the Dollhouse...You will have them on here tomorrow-Finished, Right? LOL

Ashley Bridges said...

It is acutally really funny I was going to take pictures of it last night but my batteries were dead so tonight I will take pictures of what I have gotten finished...HA HA HA...And then maybe one picture every month until she is 16 and it is complete LOL